From the Basement
*Now live* the latest features on the artist’s trips to Santa Cruz Island and facsimiles of his studio notes
A quarterly feature highlighting rare findings from the Richard Diebenkorn Foundation Archives online
Dig into the material Diebenkorn collected over the course of his life, deepen your knowledge, and respond through your own personal lens.
A comprehensive new monograph featuring a revelatory interview with artist Wayne Thiebaud
Richard Diebenkorn: A Retrospective, published by Rizzoli New York in 2019, is the most comprehensive monograph on the distinguished American painter, draftsman, and printmaker for readers of all backgrounds and levels of interest. A visually striking object (measuring nearly 10 by 12 inches), the book includes a handsome slipcase box and features 340 illustrations in new color photography.
- Review || @newcriterion: "With a text by art historian Sasha Nicholas, countless beautiful reproductions, and an in… https://t.co/K9DiPBnBK9
- Interview || “It was a very bold move to reinvent himself.” Sasha Nicholas, author of “Everything All at Once:… https://t.co/T0fsWGbxF4
- News || Read a feature on https://t.co/NBzQh3f7b6 exploring the forthcoming Richard Diebenkorn: A Retrospective (… https://t.co/DyTfxOBr4l
- Review || "The exhibition #RichardDiebenkorn: Beginnings, 1942–1955 does a good job busting up a pretty entrenched… https://t.co/bAaz1p5Tn0
- Video || We are delighted to announce a video featuring art historian, curator, critic, and Frederick R. Weisman Mu… https://t.co/AkJW5Hdedk