From the Basement
*New* feature on Richard Diebenkorn painting in France, 1978
A quarterly initative highlighting rare findings from the Richard Diebenkorn Foundation Archives online
Dig into the material Diebenkorn collected over the course of his life, deepen your knowledge, and respond through your own personal lens.
The New Criterion
Pieces of Ocean Park
Tracing six of Diebenkorn’s works on paper to their origins in the south of France, 1978
By Amy Beth Wright
A comprehensive new monograph featuring a revelatory interview with artist Wayne Thiebaud
Richard Diebenkorn: A Retrospective, published by Rizzoli New York in 2019, is the most comprehensive monograph on the distinguished American painter, draftsman, and printmaker for readers of all backgrounds and levels of interest. A visually striking object (measuring nearly 10 by 12 inches), the book includes a handsome slipcase box and features 340 illustrations in new color photography.
- #RichardDiebenkorn: Paintings and Works on Paper 1946-1952, an exhibition of rarely seen early paintings and drawin… https://t.co/hS7vWIw5Nl
- Exclusive || "Another clue to...Diebenkorn’s artistic practice." @AmyBethWright @newcriterion on newly located work… https://t.co/Drn4rgN1Pi
- Review || @newcriterion: "With a text by art historian Sasha Nicholas, countless beautiful reproductions, and an in… https://t.co/K9DiPBnBK9
- Interview || “It was a very bold move to reinvent himself.” Sasha Nicholas, author of “Everything All at Once:… https://t.co/T0fsWGbxF4
- News || Read a feature on https://t.co/NBzQh3f7b6 exploring the forthcoming Richard Diebenkorn: A Retrospective (… https://t.co/DyTfxOBr4l