A comprehensive new monograph featuring a revelatory interview with artist Wayne Thiebaud
This September, Rizzoli New York will introduce Richard Diebenkorn: A Retrospective, the most comprehensive monograph yet published on the distinguished American painter, draftsman, and printmaker for readers of all backgrounds and levels of interest. A visually striking object (measuring nearly 10 by 12 inches), the book includes a handsome slipcase box and features 340 illustrations in new color photography.
In a departure from comparable titles, the monograph “does not follow the usual ‘greatest hits’ approach found in most monographs but instead, mixes with well-known and well-published works a great many paintings and drawings that have not become such common reference points for the artist, thus providing a more rounded picture of his art and career,” writes Steven A. Nash in the preface. #DiebenkornMonographRichard Diebenkorn: A Retrospective (Rizzoli New York, 2019)
New on diebenkorn.org
From the Basement
A quarterly feature highlighting rare findings from the Richard Diebenkorn Foundation Archives online
Dig into the material Diebenkorn collected over the course of his life, deepen your knowledge, and respond through your own personal lens.
- Interview || “It was a very bold move to reinvent himself.” Sasha Nicholas, author of “Everything All at Once:… https://t.co/T0fsWGbxF4
- News || Read a feature on https://t.co/NBzQh3f7b6 exploring the forthcoming Richard Diebenkorn: A Retrospective (… https://t.co/DyTfxOBr4l
- Review || "The exhibition #RichardDiebenkorn: Beginnings, 1942–1955 does a good job busting up a pretty entrenched… https://t.co/bAaz1p5Tn0
- Video || We are delighted to announce a video featuring art historian, curator, critic, and Frederick R. Weisman Mu… https://t.co/AkJW5Hdedk
- Review || "An unprecedented opportunity to see the artist as a young man." @HunterDPhilp @kcrw reviews "Richard Die… https://t.co/wkDhkutPFJ